Coloured foils & filters
With spotlight or color foils you create atmospheric color worlds at events, in the club or on the theater stage. They are simply part of the show technology. The qualitative EUROLITE color foils are simply placed in front of the spotlights and they color the white light cone in the desired color.
Mood to go
With color foils you can change the mood in the room in an instant. A set of color foils is quickly stowed in the equipment case. Simply take them with you to any event to retain full flexibility in lighting design.
Especially in theaters, where large spotlights are usually permanently installed, color foils offer many opportunities to play with light and colors. For example, you can switch from a red hell inferno to a green-mossy forest landscape in just a few steps. Whether as a contribution to the background lighting or as an eye-catching color spot - with color foils you set the stage events creatively and above all effectively.
How to easily apply color foils
Color foils are simply mounted in a color filter frame in front of a PAR spotlight. They are cut exactly to the size of the filter frames or come as sheets that you can make up yourself.
So all you need is safe access to the spotlight in question and you can insert the color foil you want.
How does a color film work?
The secret of color filters are pigments on a heat-resistant film. These pigments absorb certain light frequencies. The absorbed energy is converted into heat, which causes the filters to fade with prolonged use. Therefore, it is advisable to always have several color filters of one color on hand.
There are various ways to apply the color to the film:
• Coated, one-sided or two-sided: This type is very inexpensive to produce and purchase. However, the color foils are also quite sensitive, so that abrasion can occur quickly.
• Diffused: The pigments are chemically bound to the film surface by heating.
• Dyed through: The foil carrier is already mixed with the color pigments during production.
• With top coat: If the pigments lie on the surface or are diffused in, additional film layers provide color protection.
More filters in color film sets
In the LTT online store you will find various color film sets. These contain not only a wide range of color foils, but also partly light correction and technical filters:
• Gray filters are used to darken a hue or general light intensity.
• Certain filters can correct the color of light or change the color temperature, which creates a completely different mood.
• Use diffusion and frost foils to soften the light cone and prevent cast shadows.
• Silks work with a line structure. They draw more softly in one direction than in another.
• IR filters are used to reduce the heat acting on the color foils in order to extend their service life.
• Short-wave rays, which can also age the color films, intercept UV filter films.
All advantages of color films
Heat resistant material
Since most large headlights are equipped with halogen illuminants, color films are characterized by extreme heat resistance. This means you can also work with high-power halogen headlights without any problems.
Always the right size
Color foil cuts are made up for common sizes of spotlights, such as PAR-56 or PAR-64. Of course, thanks to the foil sheets, you can also work with any size and shape of spotlights.
Ready for use immediately
Color foils do not have to be inserted, screwed or programmed in a complicated way. You simply have to fix the foil in the color filter frame and you will have the effect you want.
Enormous variety of colors
Color filters for headlights are available for every conceivable color, gradient and effect. So with color foils you go far beyond boring basic colors. And you also no longer have to deal with the cumbersome mixing of colors using superimposed foils.
Instead, with one set you have countless possibilities to illuminate stages, festivals, event spaces and events in the appropriate colors and create virtuoso light shows.
Buy color foils at LTT
With color foils you can achieve incomparable effects. To create the right atmosphere at your event, you will find a wide variety of color foils and color foil sets for PAR spotlights. But we have much more to offer besides lighting technology. LTT is your expert for event and show equipment from truss stages to outdoor speakers.